The sisters have long lived with the consequences of their father’s controversies, but the latest developments have intensified the tension.
The recent release of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein, which mentioned Andrew and their mother, Sarah Fergusonreportedly left the sisters embarrassed and shaken.
Now, following Andrew’s arrest on Thursday, sources say the sisters have a deeper thought that they “may have been used” by their parents.
Article continues below advertisement
Princess Béatrice and Eugénie would feel “betrayed” by their parents

Sources close to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie say they are looking back on past events and coming to difficult conclusions.
“They’re also putting the pieces together in real time and realizing they may have been used,” the source told PEOPLE Magazine. “This must feel like a total betrayal. They are heartbroken,” the person added.
Despite the complex emotional conflict, the source noted that their bond with their parents didn’t just disappear. “Love for a parent is not a switch,” they explained. “This is an incredibly painful and introspective time for them.”
In the midst of these revelations, the princesses would distance themselves from the turmoil, particularly for the sake of their children.
Article continues below advertisement
“They are trying to stay away,” the source added. “They have young children, and this is their grandfather. They are focused on protecting their own children.”
Article continues below advertisement
Ex-Prince Andrew’s fall escalates into legal trouble
The princesses’ reaction followed hours after their father was taken into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office on his 66th birthday.
As The Blast reported, the arrest stemmed from information in the Epstein files, specifically related to Andrew’s activities during his tenure as trade envoy to the United Kingdom.
Thames Valley Police confirmed an investigation had been launched, although officials did not name Andrew directly in their initial announcement.
Deputy Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office. »
He further stressed the importance of transparency, assuring the public that updates would be provided as the investigation progresses.
Article continues below advertisement
Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson fell off the radar amid her legal crisis
Following Andrew’s arrest, Ferguson has remained silent and her whereabouts are unknown, according to The Blast.
Despite their divorce in 1996, the estranged couple had enjoyed a particularly close relationship over the years, frequently appearing together and presenting a united front.
However, Ferguson largely receded from public life as Andrew’s problems intensified. Before Andrew’s arrest, those close to Ferguson revealed that she intended to carve out her own space and “forge an independent life” following their expulsion from the royal box.
The ex-Duchess of York may have remained silent due to the growing anxiety and pressure, as a close source claimed she felt like “everyone was out to get her.”
Article continues below advertisement
The individual added that Ferguson “looked bad” and revealed that she was struggling with her mental health.
Sarah Ferguson reportedly looking to move to the United Arab Emirates
While her location remains unclear, reports suggest the 66-year-old may be considering leaving Britain amid growing tensions and financial difficulties.
Although she would prefer to stay near Windsor to facilitate her daughters’ visits, the United Arab Emirates emerged as an attractive option for her.
“I think she would like to stay in the Windsor area to make it relatively easy for Beatrice and Eugenie to visit her grandchildren,” a source shared, according to The Blast.
However, the source added that moving to the UAE could be considered if she feels it offers better financial opportunities.
Article continues below advertisement
Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice are shocked by their parents’ connection to Jeffrey Epstein
Earlier this month, the Justice Department released more documents related to Epstein, including messages he exchanged with Ferguson in which she repeatedly referred to Princess Eugenie and Beatrice.
According to The Blast, Ferguson called the convicted sex offender “the brother I never had” in one post, while in another she hosted a lunch with him and his children.
After the documents were revealed, the princesses were reportedly deeply disconcerted by their parents’ close ties to Epstein. Another source revealed that they understood why their father’s royal exile was the right decision.
