T20 World Cup: Mike Hussey says he will continue as England manager in the Ashes

Michael HusseyDates: 16 October-13 November Venue: AustraliaCoverage: Ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra, BBC Sport website and app; Live text commentary with clips on the BBC Sport website and app carrying the goalscorer - now trying to help England win the Men's T20 World Cup.

And he's admitted he'd even consider crossing the gap for the greatest series of them all - the Ashes.

"I wouldn't. I have no problem," said Hussey, the man nicknamed "Mr Cricket".

"Brendon's [England Test Coach Brendon McCullum] did a fantastic job with this test team during the little time he spent there.

" You can kind of see his philosophy manifest. I'm more of a conservative type of player than Brendon so maybe that would balance out pretty well."

Wary England will pick the 'best team available' against Ireland

Hussey may not have been part of the ash dominating machine of some of his Australian predecessors, but his record stands alongside the greats.

After being forced to wait his turn - he made his test debut aged 30 - Hussey scored an average of 51.52 in 79 tests with 19 hundreds.

In the three Ashes series that he played - winning one and losing two - the plucky, hard-working southpaw was arguably England's most prized wicket.

Now he's sitting in a locker room with the s three lions of england on his shirt.

< p class="" data-reactid=".11v5bhq0mwc.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-13">"The first time I shot led on the shirt of England, it was a bit strange," said the 47-year-old, who also works as a batting consultant with Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.

"But after that, you work with the players, enjoy developing those one-on-one relationships, and forget what you're wearing."

Hussey had an excellent Twenty20 career as a player, including leading Australia to victory over Pakistan in the semi-finals of the World Cup 2010 with 60 not released...

T20 World Cup: Mike Hussey says he will continue as England manager in the Ashes
Michael HusseyDates: 16 October-13 November Venue: AustraliaCoverage: Ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra, BBC Sport website and app; Live text commentary with clips on the BBC Sport website and app carrying the goalscorer - now trying to help England win the Men's T20 World Cup.

And he's admitted he'd even consider crossing the gap for the greatest series of them all - the Ashes.

"I wouldn't. I have no problem," said Hussey, the man nicknamed "Mr Cricket".

"Brendon's [England Test Coach Brendon McCullum] did a fantastic job with this test team during the little time he spent there.

" You can kind of see his philosophy manifest. I'm more of a conservative type of player than Brendon so maybe that would balance out pretty well."

Wary England will pick the 'best team available' against Ireland

Hussey may not have been part of the ash dominating machine of some of his Australian predecessors, but his record stands alongside the greats.

After being forced to wait his turn - he made his test debut aged 30 - Hussey scored an average of 51.52 in 79 tests with 19 hundreds.

In the three Ashes series that he played - winning one and losing two - the plucky, hard-working southpaw was arguably England's most prized wicket.

Now he's sitting in a locker room with the s three lions of england on his shirt.

< p class="" data-reactid=".11v5bhq0mwc.0.0.0.1.$paragraph-13">"The first time I shot led on the shirt of England, it was a bit strange," said the 47-year-old, who also works as a batting consultant with Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.

"But after that, you work with the players, enjoy developing those one-on-one relationships, and forget what you're wearing."

Hussey had an excellent Twenty20 career as a player, including leading Australia to victory over Pakistan in the semi-finals of the World Cup 2010 with 60 not released...

What's Your Reaction?

dislike

love

funny

angry

sad

wow