T20 World Cup: Scotland to take on Zimbabwe challenge - Matthew Cross

Dates: 16 October-13 November Location: Australia Coverage: ball-by-ball test match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, BBC Sport website and app; live text commentary with clips on the BBC Sport website and app in Group B are on two points.

Scotland must beat Zimbabwe on Friday to qualify for the next stage.< /p>

" It's the last game for the group so there will be a lot at stake which will hopefully bring out the best in us," Cross told BBC Scotland.

"Before the tournament, if you had given us a game to win to pass then we would have taken it.

"We only have to win - there will be no net run rate. It's the exact same position we were in at the World Cup 12 months ago, so we have that experience to build on."

Ireland will face the West Indies in their final group game on Friday (05:00 BST) before Scotland face Zimbabwe (09:00), with all four teams knowing victory would see them win. will pass.

The top two teams from each group will qualify for the Super 12, which begins on Saturday. runners-up in Group B will go into a group with England.

Scotland stunned by Ireland's return to T20 World Cup 'That's why you play' - Ireland's Dockrell relishes Scotland win'Scotland can mix it up with the best'

Scotland are 15th in the T20 standings 'International Cricket Council, with the Antilles s seventh, Zimbabwe 11th and Ireland 12th.

Scotland reached the S uper 12 in from last year's T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates, but progressed from an easier preliminary group containing Oman, Bangladesh and Papua New Guinea.

Cross says Scottish players can "come away with their heads held high" no matter what happens on Friday.

"We were lucky to have a pretty tough streak of matches, so I'm expecting another tough match," said the keeper of wicket, who hit 28 out of 21 on Wednesday.

"They have to win too, so I'm sure they'll be ready to do it. We had the tough end of the draw and I think getting through this group would be an exceptional effort.

"I strongly believe that we already deserve the opportunity to play in the next round based on what we have done, but it means nothing if we don't show up on Friday."

Scotland seemed to be closing in on a win on Wednesday...

T20 World Cup: Scotland to take on Zimbabwe challenge - Matthew Cross
Dates: 16 October-13 November Location: Australia Coverage: ball-by-ball test match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra, BBC Sport website and app; live text commentary with clips on the BBC Sport website and app in Group B are on two points.

Scotland must beat Zimbabwe on Friday to qualify for the next stage.< /p>

" It's the last game for the group so there will be a lot at stake which will hopefully bring out the best in us," Cross told BBC Scotland.

"Before the tournament, if you had given us a game to win to pass then we would have taken it.

"We only have to win - there will be no net run rate. It's the exact same position we were in at the World Cup 12 months ago, so we have that experience to build on."

Ireland will face the West Indies in their final group game on Friday (05:00 BST) before Scotland face Zimbabwe (09:00), with all four teams knowing victory would see them win. will pass.

The top two teams from each group will qualify for the Super 12, which begins on Saturday. runners-up in Group B will go into a group with England.

Scotland stunned by Ireland's return to T20 World Cup 'That's why you play' - Ireland's Dockrell relishes Scotland win'Scotland can mix it up with the best'

Scotland are 15th in the T20 standings 'International Cricket Council, with the Antilles s seventh, Zimbabwe 11th and Ireland 12th.

Scotland reached the S uper 12 in from last year's T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates, but progressed from an easier preliminary group containing Oman, Bangladesh and Papua New Guinea.

Cross says Scottish players can "come away with their heads held high" no matter what happens on Friday.

"We were lucky to have a pretty tough streak of matches, so I'm expecting another tough match," said the keeper of wicket, who hit 28 out of 21 on Wednesday.

"They have to win too, so I'm sure they'll be ready to do it. We had the tough end of the draw and I think getting through this group would be an exceptional effort.

"I strongly believe that we already deserve the opportunity to play in the next round based on what we have done, but it means nothing if we don't show up on Friday."

Scotland seemed to be closing in on a win on Wednesday...

What's Your Reaction?

dislike

love

funny

angry

sad

wow